How can another organisation or service refer to the Tuke Centre?
- Most of the time we do not ask for a referral from a GP or other professional, but we accept referrals from any source.
- Any organisation or service can refer someone to the Tuke Centre by email, phone or using our contact form.
- We also provide a referral form, which can be downloaded from the link to the right of this page.
- Once the referral form is complete simply email it to us.
What happens next?
- If a service or organisation refers someone to us we will contact the person being referred
- We will check how the Tuke Centre fees will be funded and inform the individual about different funding sources. These sources are outlined in the funding leaflet available to download to the right of the page
- We will book an initial in-depth assessment with the individual, subject to the conditions outlined in the Information for Individuals section.
- After assessment and once the person has been allocated a suitable therapist the ongoing therapy will be arranged
- If there is a waiting list for the therapist or service the person requires we will let them know as soon as possible and will keep them updated as time goes on.
- If you would like to keep track of the referral we will need fully informed consent from the individual receiving the therapy in order to feed back to you on their progress. If the person does not wish to consent to this then we will not be able to provide feedback, unless the circumstances demand a different approach.
What if the individual needs a psychiatrist?
- If the person you refer needs a psychiatrist to assess them or review their medications or provide in-depth support then we will refer them to our psychiatric team
- We require a letter of referral from the person’s GP or other healthcare professional.
How much will it cost?
- As we provide a wide range of therapies we do not have one fixed price. Further details about fees and funding can be found by following this link.
- Arrangements for payment, what happens if sessions are cancelled, as well as the duration of therapy that the person may require will also be discussed at assessment. Follow this link for our cancellation policy
The funding leaflet is intended to provide brief information for organisations, businesses or services who want to know more about the different ways that people who work for them might access funding for therapy at the Tuke Centre.
The referral form is provided to enable you to supply information we require to start the therapy process.